Garage Attendant @ Roxborough Bus
No night shifts. No shift work. Weekends off!
Roxborough Bus Lines is a family-owned-and-operated school bus company. Since 1976, we have been providing safe, professional and efficient busing services.
We hire GARAGE ATTENDANTS for our various locations across Eastern Ontario. The positions are full-time with no night shifts, no shift work and weekends off so you can enjoy more time with your family!
- Perform a variety of supportive functions including but not limited to:
— Fuelling vehicles
— Pre-trip inspections
— Minor preventive maintenance repairs
— Assist technicians when needed
— Perform interior and exterior cleaning of vehicles
- Cleans interior of buses using brooms, mops, vacuums, cloths and all other necessary equipment. Removes paper, dirt and dust from interior and wipes passengers seats, drivers compartment, visors, windows and interior walls;
- Cleans and washes exterior of buses using high pressure washer, wash brush, cloth etc.; cleans exterior walls, windows, windshields and drivers mirrors, cleans wheel wells, etc.;
- Drives buses in and out of facility; replaces hoses and cleaning equipment, washes garage floor with hose and clears dirt from floor, keeps a list of buses cleaned and duties performed in each bus;
- Notifies supervisor of repair needs and requirements for cleaning materials and supplies;
- Fuels buses as required.
- Preforms circle checks on spare buses each morning
NOTE: This description is not intended to limit the assignment of work or be construed as a complete list of the many duties to be performed by the incumbent.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with management and other staff members in a courteous and efficient manner;
- Demonstrated willingness to take appropriate safety precautions;
- Demonstrates skill in the safe and effective operation of large motor vehicles.
- Knowledge of the materials, practices, general operating guidelines, tools and equipment used in the custodial care of buses;
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with a variety of work activities;
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health, WHMIS and MSDS standards.
- Ability to understand and competently apply the techniques of safe operation of the equipment designated for this classification;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Capacity to recognize sounds and movements of machinery which may indicate faulty operation;
- Ability to perform medium to very heavy physical work;
- Ability to work efficiently with a minimum of supervision;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Willingness to adapt to new technological changes and improvements.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must be willing to hold and maintain a valid Class B Ontario driver’s licence;
- Sufficient experience to have demonstrated the ability to perform the position tasks satisfactorily.