LICENSED TRUCK & COACH TECHNICIAN (310T)
Roxborough Bus Lines is a family-owned-and-operated school bus company. Since 1976, we have been providing safe, professional and efficient busing services.
We hire LICENSED TRUCK & COACH TECHNICIAN (Trade Code 310T) or APPRENTICES for our Alexandria, Avonmore, Casselman, and Greely locations. The positions are full-time with no night shifts, no shift work and weekends off so you can enjoy more time with your family!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Diagnose malfunctions and perform vehicle repairs, including: braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature control, gas regulating components, electrical, etc.
– Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance to technicians with a higher qualification level (if necessary).
– Test-drive vehicles to ensure repairs resolved the problem.
– Arrange for and obtain appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before the vehicle is released from the maintenance facility.
– Records work hours, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted, on appropriate internal forms.
– Maintains a safe and clean, productive and efficient work area.
– Related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant guidelines and requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
– Good mechanical aptitude
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Strong work ethic with an ability to work as part of a team and in harmony with others
– 3+ years of experience on bus/coach fleet equipment and related vehicles
– Ability to troubleshoot while handling on road service calls
Salary commensurate with experience.